So apparently today is exactly a month since my last post – whoops!
It’s not that I’ve had nothing to say – more that I’ve had a million things I’ve wanted to say, but every time I try to type or write something out, I either mental blank, or get sidetracked and write 1000 words no one wants to read.
Maybe I’ll gradually make it back to the long list of drafts I have on the go, but in the meantime, the only way I was going to get anything out was a good old “Life Lately” brain dump. So here’s what’s been happening since my last post!
1.I’ve been overseas! If you follow me on Instagram you might have noticed I spent two too-short weeks trotting my pale Australian self around Italy, Greece and Turkey. This could be a few months worth of posts on its own (and a couple are definitely in the works), but for now I’d just like to say UGHHH TAKE ME BACK.
2. I got a new camera! B bought it for me while we were in Athens (OK, B mostly bought it for himself, but he already had a DSLR so it may as well be mine). It’s a Sony RX100 M3, I’m in love with it, and you can (hopefully) expect my blog quality to improve over the next few months.
3. I got super nostalgic, as yesterday was 4 years since my high school graduation.
4. I’ve joined the party a few years later and become addicted to Entourage.
5. I’ve started selling my old clothes online for the first time – listing my Black Milk felt like selling my 2012 self.
6. I lost the plot momentarily. As I’ve vaguely mentioned before, I work in marketing for the hospitality industry, and once August hits you’re looking at a 6 month blur of posters and social media campaign for Melbourne Cup, Christmas parties, actual Christmas, New Year’s Eve and Australia Day, that only finishes in February when Valentines Day is done and dusted. Combine all this with being behind because you missed the first two weeks of it while on holiday – not good! This post by Carly at Smaggle just about sums up how the last 10 days have gone for me – luckily I snapped out of it yesterday with a gym session and long sleep.
7. I’ve started house hunting again – B and I are on the move! In a couple of months we’ll be clearing out of our first ever apartment together, and into something that isn’t such a ridiculous drain on our finances.
8. I’m feeling much healthier and happier in the last month or so, so 2015 Resolution #1 is well on track. I still miss boot camp and group fitness, but yay for not being even a little bit self-conscious in the gym anymore! I’ve also gone back to reading more often, so Item #1 on my 2015 bucket list (very different things, promise) is picking up.
I’ll have my travel posts up very soon, but in the meantime I’d love to know what else I’ve missed! Leave me a link to your favourite post from the last month and I’ll check it out!